NCHS Research Data Center
- New Survey Available: NHANES National Youth Fitness Survey
The NHANES National Youth Fitness Survey (NNYFS) was conducted in 2012 to collect data on physical activity and fitness levels in order to provide an evaluation of the health and fitness of children in the U.S. ages 3 to 15. The NNYFS collected data on physical activity and fitness levels of our youth through interviews and fitness tests. See the "New Data Available" section below for limited-access data available for the NNYFS.
New Data Available through the RDC
National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
- NHANES Limited Access Data Available
New data available through the Research Data Center includes the following:
2009-2010: Oral HPV viral load among individuals with oral high-risk HPV infections, Age 14-17
2010-2011: Seroprevalence of Antibody to Avian Influenza A (H7N9) Virus in the United States
2011-2012: Urinary Chlamydia Ages 14-17, Drug Use Youth, Alcohol Use Youth, Herpes Simplex Virus Type-1 and Type-2
NHANES National Youth Fitness Survey (NNYFS)
- NNYFS Limited Access Data
Restricted data from the first survey cycle of the NNYFS is available through the Research Data Center. These data includes information on the following topic areas: alcohol use, body measures, demographic variables and sample weights, diabetes, early childhood, health insurance, hospital utilization and access to care, medical conditions, physical activity, physical functioning, respiratory health and disease, and cigarette use.
National Electronic Health Records Survey (NEHRS)
- NEHRS Data Available
Data from the 2013 National Electronic Health Records Survey are now available for use in the NCHS Research Data Center. Please refer see the RDC file layout [PDF - 93 KB] , or contact the Ambulatory and Hospital Care Statistics Branch for more information.
National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
- Quarters 1 and 2: 2013 Preliminary Microdata Files [PDF - 106 KB]
A preliminary microdata file for the January–June 2013 National Health Interview Survey is now available through the NCHS RDC. NHIS data users can analyze this file without having to wait for the final annual NHIS microdata files to be released.
- Gaskin DJ, Thorpe RJ, Jr., McGinty EE, et al. Disparities in Diabetes: The Nexus of Race, Poverty, and Place. American journal of public health 2013.
- Goodloe R, Brown-Gentry K, Gillani NB, et al. Lipid trait-associated genetic variation is associated with gallstone disease in the diverse Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III). BMC medical genetics 2013;14(1):120.
- Lu PJ, Santibanez TA, Williams WW, et al. Surveillance of influenza vaccination coverage--United States, 2007-08 through 2011-12 influenza seasons. Morbidity and mortality weekly report Surveillance summaries 2013;62(4):1-28.
- Meng Q, Richmond-Bryant J, Davis JA, et al. Contribution of Particle-Size-Fractionated Airborne Lead to Blood Lead during the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999-2008. Environmental science & technology 2013.
- Shea KM, Kammerer JS, Winston CA, et al. Estimated rate of reactivation of latent tuberculosis infection in the United States, overall and by population subgroup. American journal of epidemiology 2014;179(2):216-25.
- Zhang X, Holt JB, Lu H, et al. Neighborhood commuting environment and obesity in the United States: An urban-rural stratified multilevel analysis. Preventive medicine 2013.