NCHS Research Data Center
- New Survey Available: National Survey of Children in Nonparental Care (NSCNC)
This survey provides nationally representative estimates on the characteristics, living arrangements, and service accessibility of noninstitutionalized children who were living apart from their parents (in foster care, grandparent care or other nonparental care) and who were aged 0 to 16 years in 2011-2012. Data on the well-being of the children and of their caregivers are also available. The children's nonparental care status was identified in a previous SLAITS survey, the 2011-2012 National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH). For information on linking NSCNC with NSCH, please see the "New Data Available" section below.
New Data Available through the RDC
National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
- NHANES Limited Access Data Available
National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
- Preliminary Quarterly Microdata Files
A preliminary microdata file for the January–September 2013 National Health Interview Survey is now available through the NCHS RDC. NHIS data users can analyze this file without having to wait for the final annual NHIS microdata files to be released.
National Survey of Children in Nonparental Care (NSCNC)
- Linking with the National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH)
Linked analysis of NSCH/NSCNC data is only possible through the Research Data Center. Researchers interested in gaining access to a linked dataset should submit a proposal to the Research Data Center.
- Brumback BA, Cai Z, Dailey AB. Methods of Estimating or Accounting for Neighborhood Associations With Health Using Complex Survey Data. American journal of epidemiology 2014.
- Grossman M, Tekin E, Wada R. Food prices and body fatness among youths. Economics and human biology 2014;12:4-19.
- Han K, Trinkoff AM, Storr CL, et al. Associations between state regulations, training length, perceived quality and job satisfaction among certified nursing assistants: Cross-sectional secondary data analysis. International journal of nursing studies 2014.
- Oster AM, Sternberg M, Nebenzahl S, et al. Prevalence of HIV, sexually transmitted infections, and viral hepatitis by Urbanicity, among men who have sex with men, injection drug users, and heterosexuals in the United States. Sexually transmitted diseases 2014;41(4):272-9.
- Salo PM, Arbes SJ, Jr., Jaramillo R, et al. Prevalence of allergic sensitization in the United States: Results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2005-2006. The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 2014.
- Smith-Gagen J, Hollen R, Tashiro S, et al. The Association of State Law to Breastfeeding Practices in the US. Maternal and child health journal 2014.
- Smith-Gagen J, Hollen R, Walker M, et al. Breastfeeding laws and breastfeeding practices by race and ethnicity. Women's health issues : official publication of the Jacobs Institute of Women's Health 2014;24(1):e11-9.