Next Steps for Each Access Mode
Scheduling an on-site visit
We schedule time on the RDC computers on a first-come, first-served basis, taking into account your needs and the availability of the RDC resources involved. Call your RDC Analyst to schedule your time with us. Visits exceeding 5 days in a 90-day period may require additional paperwork. Please let your RDC Analyst know if this is a possibility.
If you are a foreign national, please allow at least 15 business days to comply with additional procedures for on-site access, including registering with the Visitor Management System (VMS). You will receive an email with a link to the VMS application from the Office of Emergency and Safety Preparedness. The online application must be completed at least 10 business days prior to your visit. Please contact your RDC Analyst for assistance and more information.
On-site in Hyattsville
- You will need to show a picture ID to the guards to enter the building. You will walk through a metal detector, and send anything you are carrying through an x-ray detector.
- Next, you need to sign in at the guard’s desk, and receive a temporary ID pass.
- The guard will phone your RDC Analyst, who will come down to escort you to the RDC.
- Directions and Hotels to Hyattsville, MD >>
On-site in Atlanta
- You will need to show your ID to the guards at the parking lot and again upon entering the building.
- Go to building 3005, park in spots that do NOT say “reserved FEMA”.
- To enter the building, knock on the glass door
- Next sign in with the guard, receive a visitor’s pass, and walk through a metal detector.
- Call your RDC Analyst from the front desk.
- Visits exceeding 5 days in a 90-day period may require additional paperwork. Please let your RDC Analyst know if this is a possibility.
- Directions to Atlanta, GA >>
- You will need to create a username and password and indicate the period of time for which you would like your subscription.
- Please review the Rules and Restrictions.
- You will receive an email from the remote access system administrator outlining the procedures and rules for using the RDC remote access system. You must send a reply email agreeing to comply.
On-site at a Census RDC
- Please contact the RDC Administrator at Census to talk about Census-related logistics (i.e statistical packages available, access fees, etc.).
- If approved by NCHS you will need to complete some online paperwork through Census to have your proposal appear in the Census system. The Census RDC Administrator can help you with that process.
- If approved by NCHS, there will be additional security requirements to use the Census RDC which the RDC Administrator can discuss with you.