AHRQ’s Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS)
Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (restricted data)
Where can I access these data?
MEPS data can be accessed at the
- On-site at the NCHS RDC in Atlanta, GA ONLY
- On-site at the Census RDCs
- Or at the AHRQ RDC in Rockville, MD
Accessing MEPS Data at the Atlanta RDC
How do I request access to these data?
Please follow the RDC Proposal Process
Are there fees to access these data?
Researchers are subject to the NCHS RDC Fees, not the AHRQ fees.
What are the next steps if I have an approved proposal?
Please discuss next steps with your AHRQ Data Center Coordinator. In addition to any AHRQ procedures, you must also complete the NCHS
- Confidentiality Orientation and Forms
- Output review will be completed by AHRQ staff