Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention and Control, 2011
Posted: November 4, 2011
The compendium of animal rabies prevention and control provides recommendations for public health officials, veterinarians, animal control officials, and other parties engaged in rabies prevention and control activities and should serve as the basis for standardizing procedures among jurisdictions.
The recommendations regarding domestic animal vaccination, management of animals exposed to rabies, and management of animals that bite humans are the core elements of animal rabies control and human rabies prevention.
Updates to the 2011 compendium include:
- The national case definition
- Clarification on the role of the CDC rabies laboratory in providing confirmatory testing of suspected animals
- Vaccines licensed and marketed in the U.S.
- Additional research topics that support the information in this document and may also warrant further investigation
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) - Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention and Control; 2011
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO