- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
San Francisco Quarantine Station
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in San Francisco. The station’s jurisdiction includes the 47 counties of Northern California as well as the state of Wyoming.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes and cruise and cargo vessels at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Partner with other federal agencies, local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Partner with health departments regarding emergency response, migrant health, and other public health issues.
Ports of Entry Statistics 2009-2010
Major Airport Arrivals
San Francisco International Airport
Oakland International Airport
San Jose International Airport
Major Seaport Arrivals
San Francisco Bay
(650) 876-2872 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Office Hours of Operation: Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. PT
CDC San Francisco
P.O. Box 280548 SFIA
San Francisco, CA 94128-0548