- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
Houston Quarantine Station
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Houston. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in East Texas (Health Districts 4–7) and Louisiana. The station also oversees the Dallas Quarantine Station’s jurisdiction of North Central Texas (Health Districts 1–3), Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes, cargo vessels, and other conveyances at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of immigrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer immigrants with specific medical conditions.
- Partner with other federal agencies, local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Dispense immunobiologics and investigational drugs upon requests made to CDC.
(281) 230-3874 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Office Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. CT
CDC Houston Quaratine Station
P.O. Box 60366
Houston, TX 77205