- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
Honolulu Quarantine Station
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Honolulu. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, the Freely Associated States, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes, cruise and cargo vessels at the international ports of entry in the jurisdiction.
- Review and collect medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments of any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Monitor the importation of pathogens that may be infectious to humans.
- Partner with other federal agencies in local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and ports of entry.
- Provide training and tabletop exercises for local, state, and federal partners about ways to protect their health, emergency response, communicable disease, and migrant health processing.
- Conduct public health research for tuberculosis, pandemic influenza, and nonpharmaceutical interventions.
(808) 861-8530 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Office Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. HT
CDC Honolulu Quarantine Station
Honolulu International Airport
300 Rodgers Blvd., Terminal Box 67
Honolulu, HI 96819-1897