- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
Chicago Quarantine Station
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Chicago. The station’s jurisdiction includes all ports in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin; and the preclearance port of Toronto, Canada.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes, cargo vessels, and other conveyances at international ports of entry within jurisdiction, including the water ports in the southern part of Lake Michigan (e.g., Chicago, Burns Harbor, Milwaukee).
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with infectious tuberculosis and other communicable diseases.
- Partner with other federal agencies and local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Partner with health departments on emergency response, migrant health, and communicable disease.
(773) 894-2960 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Office Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT
O'Hare International Airport
AMC O'Hare, POB 66012
Chicago, IL 60666-0012