- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO
Boston Quarantine Station
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates a quarantine station in Boston. The station's jurisdiction includes U.S.-Canada land border crossings in Maine, as well as all airports and seaports in Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts.
Quarantine Station Activities
- Respond to reports of illness or death on airplanes and cruise and cargo vessels at international ports of entry within jurisdiction.
- Review medical records of migrants who will reside permanently in the United States. Notify state and local health departments and refer any migrants with specific medical conditions.
- Partner with other federal agencies, local and state health departments, private medical providers, and hospitals in preparedness activities related to quarantine and isolation at ports of entry.
- Monitor importations that may have pathogens infectious to humans.
- Partner with health departments regarding emergency response, migrant health, and other public health issues.
(617) 561-5701 24-hour access
On call: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Office Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
c/o CDC New York Quarantine Station
JFK International Airport
Terminal 4, Room 219.016
2nd Floor, East Concourse
Jamaica, NY 11430-1081