Prevention, Treatment, and Control of High Cholesterol
Educational Module (Released September 26, 2012)
Quality Improvement in Cholesterol Management: Perspectives from Statewide, Medical Home-Based Population Management Program (PDF [1.52MB])
Selected Resources for Patients
The following sources were used as reference material for this educational module. Additional sources are listed within the slides and speaker notes.
- CDC. Vital signs: prevalence, treatment, and control of high levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol—United States, 1999–2002 and 2005–2008. MMWR 2011;60(4):109–14.
- McQuire S. U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. 7th Edition. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, January2011. Adv Nutr 2011;2(3):293–4.
- U.S, Department of Health and Human Services. 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. Bethesda, MD: US.. Department of Health and Human Services; 2008.
- Moyer VA; on behalf of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Behavioral Counseling Interventions to Promote a Healthful Diet and Physical Activity for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. Ann Intern Med 2012 Jun 26.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2012
- Page last updated: November 9, 2012
- Content source: