Prevention, Treatment, and Control of High Cholesterol
Educational Module (Released September 26, 2012)
Selected Resources for Patients
The following sources were used as reference material for this educational module. Additional sources are listed within the slides and speaker notes.
- CDC. Vital signs: prevalence, treatment, and control of high levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol—United States, 1999–2002 and 2005–2008. MMWR 2011;60(4):109–14.
- McQuire S. U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. 7th Edition. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, January2011. Adv Nutr 2011;2(3):293–4.
- U.S, Department of Health and Human Services. 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. Bethesda, MD: US.. Department of Health and Human Services; 2008.
- Moyer VA; on behalf of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Behavioral Counseling Interventions to Promote a Healthful Diet and Physical Activity for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement. Ann Intern Med 2012 Jun 26.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2012
- Page last updated: November 9, 2012
- Content source: