CDC’s Prevention Research Centers Funding Opportunity Announcement
The CDC’s Prevention Research Centers Program announces the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) #DP 14-001. This FOA will support a network of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research Centers to conduct applied public health prevention research. Funded centers will conduct one applied public health prevention research project that addresses an evidence gap in one of three broad categories: 1) dissemination and implementation research, 2) public health practice-based research, and 3) intervention research. Research activities should focus on underserved and minority populations that are related to the work of tribal, territorial, state, and local health departments. The funding provided by this FOA will also be used to support the development of a comprehensive prevention research center with the key elements of infrastructure and administration; community engagement, partnerships, and technical assistance; communication and dissemination; training; and evaluation. Funded centers will function as a part of a network to support and advance health promotion and disease prevention research and serve as a national resource for developing and applying effective public health programs at the state and community level.
Letters of intent are due by Friday, August 9, and the application submission due date is Monday, September 23, 2013, by 5 PM (EDT).
Informational sessions will be held on July 31, and August 1, 2013 from 3–5 PM (EDT).
To Access the Announcement and Application Package
- Go to www.grants.gov
- Select For Applicants
- Select Find Grant Opportunities
- Select Basic Search
- Type in the Funding Opportunity Number: RFA-DP-14-001
Questions and Answers
Inquiries about this funding opportunity must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions and answers will be posted within a week of being received on the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion’s Web site.
- Preapplication Webcast PowerPoint Slides [pdf 2.8M]
- Preapplication Webcast PowerPoint Script [pdf 459K]
- Definitions (Appendix A from RFA DP 14-001) [pdf 107K]
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion’s Four Domains (Appendix B from RFA DP 14-001) [pdf 268K]
- Guidelines for the Development of PRC Work Plan (Appendix D from RFA DP 14-001) [pdf 114K]
- Template of work plan [pdf 12K]
- Prevention Research Centers: Applied Public Health Prevention Research Project Implementation Timeline (Appendix E from RFA DP 14-011) [pdf 71K]
- Anti-Lobbying Restrictions for CDC Grantees [pdf 509K]