Office of the Director
The Office of the Director, Office of the Associate Director for Policy
- provides strategic advice to CDC leadership on overall agency direction and priorities, and drives CDC towards actions to reduce leading preventable causes of morbidity and mortality;
- ensures organizational effectiveness in policy or strategy across the agency;
- ensures capacity throughout CDC for policy and strategy;
- leads the development and management of policy agendas with federal agencies and other organizations;
- establishes strategy and maintains relations with key organizations and individuals working on relevant policies or legislation;
- provides technical and scientific support to the National Prevention Council for the National Prevention Strategy.
John Auerbach is CDC’s Associate Director for Policy.