To successfully complete the three-year program, Public Health Prevention Service fellows are expected to accomplish a core set of public health activities. The following performance requirements demonstrate the diverse skill sets necessary for managing public health prevention programs:
- Conduct a public health assessment.
- Develop a plan for a public health program or initiative.
- Implement a public health program plan or initiative.
- Evaluate a public health program or initiative.
- Analyze a public health policy-related issue and prepare a written response.
- Communicate public health information to a lay audience using a variety of media.
- Communicate public health information to a professional audience.
- Participate in various aspects of the funding process.