Planning Resources by Setting
The following resource(s) are intended for use by a community to develop, modify, and assess its healthcare system preparedness plans.
Healthcare Preparedness Activity Tools
- Community Planning Framework for Healthcare Preparedness
The Framework is a tool that aids public health, healthcare, and emergency management planners with enhancing or developing community plans for medical surge. This guide addresses major topic areas such as planning teams, coalitions, alternate care systems, essential healthcare services, and crisis standards of care.
- Community Assessment Tool (CAT)
This planning tool developed by CDC is intended for use by a community to assess its readiness for a disaster from a total healthcare system perspective. The CAT helps reveal each core agency partners’ capabilities and resources, highlights cases of the same vendors being used for resource supplies by the partners, and address gaps in the community’s capabilities or potential shortages in resources.
- Pan Flu Scramble
The Scramble is a facilitated group activity that challenges communities to move a sudden increase of patients through their healthcare delivery system in an efficient and effective manner during a simulated pandemic influenza scenario.
- Discussion Guides:
These Guides are for use during a facilitated small group (8 to 12 people) discussion of a community’s current pandemic influenza planning efforts. Discussion Guides have been developed for
- Delivery of Essential Healthcare Services Resources
This page lists resources developed by state and local communities to determine how they would maintain delivery of essential healthcare services while providing care for large numbers of influenza patients during a pandemic. These resources include plans, guidelines, and tools to assist with these activities (e.g., staffing plans, triage and care plans, supply and resource lists).
- Interim Healthcare Coalition Checklist for Pandemic Planning
- The Department of Health and Human Services, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (HHS/ASPR), National Healthcare Preparedness Programs (NHPP) developed the Healthcare Coalition Checklist for Pandemic Planning (HCCPP) with input from internal and external stakeholders.
- The HCCPP recommends actions to develop and/or improve coalition-based emergency response plans for pandemic influenza and encompasses all stages of a potential H1N1 (“swine flu”) or other infectious disease outbreak. In conjunction with other tools, the HCCPP can help a HCC expand its pandemic influenza emergency response plan to include a diverse mix of partners including schools, businesses, community organizations, and government agencies. To make the best use of available information and resources, HCCs should integrate their efforts with pandemic preparedness plans. The HCCPP assists HCCs in assessing, developing, and improving their preparedness and response plans for a pandemic event.
- Page last reviewed: January 13, 2016
- Page last updated: January 13, 2016
- Content source: