PHIN Communication and Alerting
PHIN 101: Partner Communications and Alerting (PCA)
This webinar, held Wednesday, April 12, 2006, was designed to assist in understanding the Preparedness Requirements for PHIN Communication and Alerting Systems (PCA):
- How do I determine if my current notification and alerting system is PHIN-compliant?
- What steps will I need to take to make my system PHIN-compliant?
- Should I use my own system or a CDC-provided solution?
Webinar topics include:
- How PHIN PCA requirements fit into the overall PHIN structure
- PHIN PCA in the context of the Public Health Preparedness Cooperative Agreement Guidance
- PHIN PCA requirements (including requirements for alert format, vocabulary standards, cross jurisdictional alerting, cascading, system integrity & data exchange, security, and availability)
- CDC PCA Implementation Guide
- Validation and working with the experienced, responsive PHIN Project Officers
- CDC’s plans to establish a PCA Work Group to provide an opportunity to interact with counterparts from other localities, states and territories and to exchange your ideas regarding PCA.