Countermeasure Tracking Systems
Communications Portal Overview
During a public health emergency, it is critical to have information available as quickly as possible. While email is a useful communications tool, there are challenges associated with maintaining accurate distribution lists, monitoring overuse, and customizing information for particular audiences. Additionally, program guidance and documentation may need to be updated throughout the course of an event. In these cases, it can be difficult to determine which documents are the most current or know where to locate the most up-to-date information. To help alleviate these issues, the Division of Strategic National Stockpile (DSNS) collaborated with the Division of Informatics Solutions and Operations (DISO) Countermeasure Tracking Systems (CTS) team to develop a Communications Portal.
The Communications Portal is a content management system complementary to the Inventory Management and Tracking System (IMATS). The Portal will provide a central place for disseminating critical information to DSNS partners regarding medical countermeasure tracking and usage during a public health emergency. Information may include:
- Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) and Investigational New Drug (IND) information
- Lot recalls
- Related documentation and materials
Communications Portal Functionality
The Communications Portal was released in August 2012. Highlights of the Communications Portal include:
- A spotlight featuring the most current information for states and local jurisdictions about the event
- A general announcements section listing recent communications with hyperlinks to important documentation
- A calendar providing information about current and upcoming activities, webinars, and conference calls
- A document library containing all available documentation and presentation files
- A resource section listing DSNS contacts and other general information
- A management capability allowing jurisdictions to add users and customize information
The Communications Portal streamlines access to important and current communication and documentation during an emergency event.
For access or more information, e-mail CTSHelp@cdc.govc.gov.