PHIN Certification certifies the ability of an application (or multiple applications, components, or systems) to perform specific functions in compliance with the PHIN Requirements and Certification Criteria. The criteria for certification, the PHIN Certification details, and a general description of the PHIN Certification process are available in PHIN Certification Criteria and Process v1.0 document.
To access the list of available PHIN Certifications select the “Available Certifications” tab above.
Congratulations to the jurisdictions that have been awarded PHIN Certifications.
To view the current list of awardees click here.
- The CDC discontinued offering the PHIN Cascade Alerting certification effective January 1, 2013. As a result of reduced funding, the CDC will decommission the CDC PHIN Exchange application, which provides services necessary to support Cascade Alerting, by June 30, 2013. From now until June 30, 2013, the CDC will be available to assist jurisdictions with transition off of PHIN Exchange.
- PHIN Certification for arboviral case notification messaging is now available. For more information go to PHIN Arboviral Case Notification Message.
- The PHIN Certification process for certifications related to national condition reporting case notification messaging and the Nationally Notifiable Disease (NND) HL7 message testing and validation process have been merged into one comprehensive message testing and validation process.
Additional InformationHow to Prepare for PHIN Certification
How to Apply for PHIN Certification
PHIN Certification Evaluation Process and Time Estimates
- Review the details for the individual PHIN Certification (“Available Certifications” tab above)
- Identify the applicable PHIN Requirements and PHIN Certification Criteria
- Identify the applicable guides and specification documents
- Use the applicable guides and specification documents to determine the specific detailed requirements for implementation
- Use the available PHIN tools to help prepare for PHIN Certification (“Tools” tab above)
- Use PHIN Certification Security and Availability Assessment Tool to self-assess compliance with the security and availability certification criteria (PHIN Requirement #5)
- Use the specific PHIN Certification evaluation readiness checklist
- Review the specific PHIN Certification Evaluation documents detailing the specific evaluation steps to ensure systems have the necessary functionality (“Available Certifications” tab above)
- Request assistance from PHIN Support Team or other CDC support resources as needed.