PHIN Partner Calls 2013
Click Here to be directed to the Partner Call Presentations Page
Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office
PHIN Partner Call
May 1, 2013
3:00–4:00 PM EDT
Century Center Building 2500, Conference Room 2222
The agenda for this meeting will be:
- 10 minutes – Announcements and Introductions (CDC)
- 40 minutes – Presentation: “The theory and application of a clinical electronic health record – public health information exchange ”
- Presenter: Lawrence Hanrahan, PhD, MS, Research Director, Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, and University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Topic Description: : This project is now known as the University of Wisconsin Electronic Health Record–Public Health Information Exchange (or UW eHealth–PHINEX). This presentation has three objectives: (1) to describe our theory of health information exchange, (2) how to dig deeper into the data and do something about it, and (3) to illustrate the system’s capabilities, capacities, benefits, and lessons learned. PHINEX provides advanced, user friendly data analysis tools to mathematically represent the multiple determinants of health (ecological health systems model). Because this system’s approach examines disease within their biological, psycho-socioeconomic, environmental, and community contexts, it is likely to provide a better understanding of what can be done to improve health care quality and population health. This presentation will look at diabetes as an example to show how PHINEX may provide improved population health surveillance, identify local hotspots, and serve as a platform to direct and measure interventions.
- 10 minutes - Questions and Answers Session
To join the webinar:
Please log in to Instant Presenter before dialing. The system will automatically provide call in information once you have logged in online.
For audio only, please use the following information.
Call-in toll free number: 1-888-205-5513
Technical Assistance: PHIN Help Desk: 1-800-532-9929.