Community of Practice Program (CoPP)
CoP Council Kickoff Meeting
The Communities of Practice Council met for the first time in Atlanta, Georgia on February 23-24, 2009 and participated in two days of brainstorming, discussion, and networking to prepare for the year ahead. The Council's primary responsibilities include identifying cross collaborations among communities, setting priorities, and suggesting CoP programmatic improvements. Council guidance and assistance will maximize the potential of the CoPs and the public health community.
The next steps that the Council will take following the meeting are:
- Share meeting results with each Community;
- Develop a Plan to enable communication across CoPs and with other stakeholders (to include CDC and national initiatives such as NHIN);
- Pursue creating / informing a Strategic Plan;
- Plan a strong presence for Communities at the 2009 PHIN Conference; and,
- Meet in March via webinar.
The following is the list of the 2009 CoP Council members, along with the community each represents.
|Communications & Alerting (CA CoP)||Chuck Berning||Kevin Craddock|
|Enterprise Architecture (EA CoP)||Paul Aneja||John Fitzpatrick|
|InfoLinks CoP (HIE)||John McLamb||German Gonzales|
|Laboratory Messaging (LM CoP)||JA Magnuson||Jon Lipsky|
|Vocabulary and Messaging (VM)||Sundak Ganesan||Ted Klein|
|PHIN Community||Nancy Barrett||Janet Firestone|
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
- Email OSTLTS