Resources and Publications
- Matthias J, Pritchard PS, Martin SW, et al. Sustained transmission of pertussis in a highly vaccinated preschool: A 1-5-year-old cohort. Emerg Infect Dis. 2016;22(2):242–6.
- Winter K, Glaser C, Watt J, Harriman K. Pertussis Epidemic – California, 2014. MMWR. 2014;63(48):1129-32.
- Matthias J, Dusek C, Pritchard PS, Rutledge L, Kinchen P, Lander M. Notes from the field: Outbreak of pertussis in a school and religious community averse to health care and vaccinations — Columbia County, Florida, 2013. MMWR. 2014;63(30):655.
- CDC. Pertussis Epidemic - Washington, 2012
MMWR July 20, 2012; 61(28):517-22
- Mandal S, Tatti K, Wooods-Stout D, Cassiday P, Faulkner A, Griffith M, et al. Pertussis Pseudo-outbreak linked to specimens contaminated by Bordetella pertussis DNA From clinic surfaces. Mandal et al., 2011. Pediatrics, 129(2), e424-30.
- CDC. Notes from the Field: Pertussis - California, January-June 2010
MMWR June 9, 2010; 59(26):817
- CDC. Use of Mass Tdap Vaccination to Control an Outbreak of Pertussis in a High School - Cook County, Illinois, September 2006-January 2007
MMWR July 25, 2008;57(29):796-9
- CDC. Outbreaks of Respiratory Illness Mistakenly Attributed to Pertussis - New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Tennessee, 2004-2006
MMWR August 24, 2007; 56(33):837-842
- CDC. Pertussis Outbreak in an Amish Community - Kent County, Delaware, September 2004–February 2005
MMWR August 4, 2006;55(30):817-21
- CDC. Outbreaks of Pertussis Associated with Hospitals - Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and Oregon, 2003
MMWR January 28, 2005;54(3):67-71
- CDC. School-Associated Pertussis Outbreak - Yavapai County, Arizona, September 2002-February 2003
MMWR March 19, 2004;53(10):216-9
- CDC. Pertussis Outbreak among Adults at an Oil Refinery - Illinois, August-October 2002
MMWR January 10, 2003;52(01):1-4
- Pertussis Postexposure Antimicrobial Prophylaxis
- Letter of Guidance for Parents and Clinicians during Outbreaks
This draft letter can be adapted during pertussis outbreaks in schools or other closed or contained settings.
- Surveillance Manual's Chapter on Pertussis
Manual from the Surveillance of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases textbook.
- CDC and CSTE Case Definition for NNDSS
- Outbreak Control, Surveillance Manual's Chapter on Pertussis
Manual from the Surveillance of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases textbook
- Educational Materials
Fact sheets, posters, e-cards, podcasts, hear the cough...
- Page last reviewed: August 31, 2015
- Page last updated: April 18, 2016
- Content source: