Resources & Publications
- Matthias J, Dusek C, Pritchard PS, Rutledge L, Kinchen P, Lander M. Notes from the field: Outbreak of pertussis in a school and religious community averse to health care and vaccinations — Columbia County, Florida, 2013. MMWR. 2014;63(30):655.
- CDC. Pertussis Epidemic — Washington, 2012. MMWR. 2012;61(28):517-22
- Mandal S, Tatti K, Wooods-Stout D, Cassiday P, Faulkner A, Griffith M, et al. Pertussis Pseudo-outbreak linked to specimens contaminated by Bordetella pertussis DNA From clinic surfaces. Pediatrics, 2011;129(2), e424-30.
- CDC. Notes from the Field: Pertussis — California, January–June 2010. MMWR. 2010; 59(26):817.
- CDC. Use of Mass Tdap Vaccination to Control an Outbreak of Pertussis in a High School — Cook County, Illinois, September 2006–January 2007. MMWR. 2008;57(29):796-9.
- CDC. Outbreaks of Respiratory Illness Mistakenly Attributed to Pertussis — New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Tennessee, 2004–2006. MMWR. 2007; 56(33):837-842.
- CDC. Pertussis Outbreak in an Amish Community — Kent County, Delaware, September 2004–February 2005. MMWR 2006;55(30):817-21
- CDC. Outbreaks of Pertussis Associated with Hospitals — Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and Oregon, 2003. MMWR. 2005;54(3):67-71.
- CDC. School-Associated Pertussis Outbreak - Yavapai County, Arizona, September 2002-February 2003. MMWR 2004;53(10):216-9.
- CDC. Pertussis Outbreak among Adults at an Oil Refinery — Illinois, August–October 2002. MMWR 2003;52(01):1-4.
- Pertussis Postexposure Antimicrobial Prophylaxis
- Letter of Guidance for Parents and Clinicians during Outbreaks
This draft letter can be adapted during pertussis outbreaks in schools or other closed or contained settings…
- Surveillance Manual's Chapter on Pertussis
Manual from the Surveillance of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases textbook.
- CDC and CSTE Case Definition for NNDSS
- Guidelines for the Control of Pertussis Outbreaks (Archived)
- Outbreak Control, Surveillance Manual's Chapter on Pertussis
Manual from the Surveillance of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases textbook
- For Parents and Patients
What parents need to know, e-cards, flyer (protect yourself and your baby), hear the cough...
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.