How to Submit a Manuscript
Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD) uses PCD Manuscript Central for manuscript submission and tracking. Before you submit your manuscript, however, please read the instructions below in addition to the information provided on manuscript requirements.
- Prepare a formal cover letter addressed to the editors. Indicate the type of article you are submitting and provide any additional information for the editors such as requests to be considered in a special collection. Submit the cover letter when you submit your manuscript. Include statements addressing each of the following items:
- Conflicts of interest. The cover letter should disclose any and all conflicts of interest. Disclosure should include any information about the authors’ professional or financial affiliations that could be perceived to influence, or that give the appearance of potentially influencing, the content of the manuscript. Financial conflicts include employment, salary, consulting fees, honoraria, stock or equity interests, expert testimony, and intellectual property rights (eg, patents, royalties, copyrights)
- Prior publication. Describe any previous presentation of the material
- Responsibility for the work. All authors must have participated in the work and must have seen and approved the paper prior to submission
- Financial support. The cover letter should also disclose all financial support for the work described in the article. Include grant numbers, if applicable
- Institutional review and approval. Authors should disclose whether IRB approval was needed and, if so, name the granting institution.
- We have streamlined our submission process and no longer require authors to submit their checklists or Author's statement to the journal. The authorship statement is now available as part of your online submission to PCD Manuscript Central.
Submit manuscripts by visiting PCD Manuscript Central.
You will receive an e-mail response acknowledging receipt of your manuscript. The response will include a manuscript number. Please refer to the manuscript number in all further correspondence. If you have any questions, please contact the journal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions.
- Page last reviewed: March 31, 2015
- Page last updated: March 31, 2015
- Content source: