- Herman JS, Chiodini PL. Gnathostomiasis, another emerging imported disease. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 2009; 22: 484–92.
- Ligon BL. Gnathostomiasis: a review of a previously localized zoonosis now crossing numerous geographical boundaries. Seminars in Pediatric Infectious Diseases 2005; 16: 137–43.
- Rusnak JM, Lucey DR. Clinical gnathostomiasis: case report and review of the English-language literature. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1993; 16: 33–50.
- Ramirez-Avial L, Slome S, Schuster FL, Gavali S, Schantz PM, Sejvar J, Glaser CA. Eosinophilic meningitis due to Angiostrongylus and Gnathostoma species. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2009; 48: 322–7.
- Diaz JH. Recognizing and reducing risks of helminthic eosinophilic meningitis in travelers: differential diagnosis, disease management, prevention, and control. Journal of Travel Medicine 2009; 16: 267–75.