Archival Content: 1999-2005
Major Scientific Articles on Outreach
- Effectiveness of community-based outreach in preventing HIV/AIDS among injecting drug users by Needle RH and colleagues
- See the Research Synthesis Symposium on the Prevention of HIV in Drug Abusers, a special 1998 supplement of Public Health Reports. This collection of 20 papers provides a comprehensive review of the origins, evolution, and state of the science on HIV prevention among drug users. In particular, see:
- World Health Organization (WHO), Department of HIV/AIDS. Policy brief: Reduction of HIV Transmission Through Outreach. Geneva: WHO; 2004.
- World Health Organization (WHO), Department of HIV/AIDS. Evidence for Action: Effectiveness of Community-based Outreach in Preventing HIV/AIDS Among Injecting Drug Users
- Do Community-based Outreach Programs Reduce HIV Risk Behaviors and HIV Infection? Presentation by Drs. Sherry Deren, Richard Needle and Dave Burrows at Vietnam Ministry of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention workshop on Preventing HIV Transmission in Injection Drug Users and Other Vulnerable Populations, Hanoi, Vietnam, September 2003.
This CDC Web site is no longer being reviewed or updated and thus is no longer kept current. This site remains to assist researchers or others needing historical content.