Public Health Surveillance Program Office
The mission the Public Health Surveillance Program Office (PHSPO) is to advance the science and practice of public health surveillance in support of the CDC mission.
The PHSPO will:
- Manage surveillance systems with cross-CDC utility;
- Develop new ideas, methods, tools, information sources, analysis, and dissemination;
- Expertise and resources for addressing common challenges;
- Engage, collaborate and coordinate activities with CDC programs and partners;
- Multidisciplinary approach to epidemiology, statistics, informatics, practice management and evaluation;
- Contribute to emergency preparedness and response programs;
- Anticipate and adapt to changing landscape: healthcare, technology, policy, expectations and needs for information, legislative mandates (ARRA, HITECH).