- American Society for Microbiology Classroom and Outreach Activities
The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is the world’s largest scientific society of individuals interested in the microbiological sciences. This Web site presents the microbial world with K-12 activities for the classroom and community.
- Diagnostic Detective Toolkit Teacher Tools
The Michigan Association of Laboratory Science Educators ( MALSE) presents resources to assist science teachers in teaching science education standards. The Web site also contains Student activities.
- National Science Teachers Association
The National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) is the organization of individuals interested in the teaching of science. The Web site also contains membership, conference and publication information.
- National Association of Biology Teachers
The National Association of Biology Teachers ( NABT) promotes biology education through empowering educators. The Web site features resources such as membership benefits, conferences and teaching resources
- CDC Science Ambassador Program
The CDC Science Ambassador program invites middle school and high school STEM educators to attend a 5-day workshop. CDC scientists collaborate with teachers and develop resources that will be used for promoting public health in the classroom.
- University of Minnesota Department of Labor Modules
The Health Education Partnership (HEIP) in Minnesota has created labor modules in an effort to address the shortage of laboratory professionals throughout the United States. The Web site provides resources for individuals interested in pursuing a career in clinical laboratory sciences.
- Science and Our Food Supply, Free Supplementary Curriculum for Middle and High School Classrooms
The site presented by the FDA contains a free supplementary curriculum for teachers for use in middle and high school classrooms.
- Biology Teacher Resources from Baylor College of Medicine
The site contains science teacher resources presented by Baylor College of Medicine, Bio-Ed Online. Resources for grades K-12 are available.
- K8 Science - educational resource for educators, students, and parents
Same resource as above K-8 resources section*
- Science Podcast
This site contains podcasts of science journal articles and online stories presented by the AAAS.
- Career Ambassador
This site describes the ASCP Career Ambassador Program. The program is designed to expose pre-college students to vital role of the laboratory professional.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute BioInteractive - Free resources for science teachers
This site provides free resources for science teachers and students presented by HHMI.
- Understanding Evolution
This site contains information on evolution. Teaching materials and a resource library are provided.
- Learn Genetics
This site is the Genetic Science Learning Center at the University of Utah. It contains resources for teachers and students.
- DNA Learning Center
This site is designed to promote genetics education. It contains resources for teachers and students.
- University of Arizona - The Biology Project
This site is an online resource for teachers for learning biology. It is presented by the University of Arizona.
- GeneEd - Genetics, Education, Discovery
This site is designed to aid teachers in in teaching genetics. Teacher resources such as lesson plans and lab experiments are included. A section on careers in genetics is provided.
- Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers (ITEST)
This site provides information for individuals applying for NSF funding for STEM projects.
- Next Generation Science Standards
This site provides the new K-12 science education standards. The revised standards are included along with resources for teachers.
- Better Teachers or Better Programs?
This site provides the NBC News Education Nation blog posting.
- Khan Academy
This site provides resources for teachers and students on many subjects. The site contains more than 4,000 videos.
- National Institutes of Health - Free Resources for Science Teachers
This site contains educational resources in science for teachers and students. It features an e-mentoring program for high school and college students.
- What is a public health laboratory?
This site features a video that defines a public health laboratory. It is provided by APHL.
- Teacher Planet
This site is a comprehensive resource area for teachers. It covers all disciplines and grade levels.
- Arizona State University - Ask a Biologist
This site is designed as an educational resource for teachers, parents, and students pre- K-12.The contents are presented by Arizona State University School of Life Sciences.
- Baylor College of Medicine - Center for Educational Outreach
This site is designed as a resource for teaching science and health and promoting careers in science and medicine.
Georgia / Atlanta Only
- Oct. 3, 2012 Georgia Life Sciences Summit, Innovation for Global Health (Atlanta based)
This site is review of the Georgia Life Sciences Sumit that was held in October of 2012.
- Georgia Bio (Georgia based)
Non-profit, membership-based organization that promotes the interests and growth of the life sciences.
- RISE research-based program at Emory University (Atlanta based)
This site describes a research internship and science education program for Atlanta public school students.
- Did You See That? | State Hygienic Laboratory at The University of Iowa
This site is an interactive board game of science learning. It games DVD content and the game board. This resource can be used in the classroom to teach about basic concepts of public health.
- Diagnostics Detective Toolkit
This site contains laboratory tours and career presentations that highlight the activities of a medical laboratory professional.
- The Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH)
This site contains information on the schools of public health and promotes their efforts.
- What is Public Health?
This site is designed to educate individuals about the field of public health.
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce
The site provides links to public health job opportunities and career planning resources.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
The site describes ASCP, an organization for clinical pathologists, students or medical residents.
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
This site describes the American Society for Microbiology, an organization for individuals interested in Microbiology.
The site contains information about a variety of health careers.
This symbol means you are leaving the CDC.gov Web site. For more information, please see CDC's Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.