- Labs are Vital
A website that honors laboratory professions and the contribution they make to the health care community.
- Lab Science Careers
Lab science careers is a section of Labs are Vital website. It discusses the important of laboratory science and what careers are available.
- Association of Schools of Public Health - Information for Students
You can obtain information on how you can pursue a degree in public health and also information on how to finance your education.
- What is Public Health? - Careers in Public Health
It differentiates between careers in public health and clinical Health careers. Sidebar with links to information about careers in public health disciplines.
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health
Links to public health job opportunities and career-planning resources.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
This site contains information about jobs and information about wages for Medical personnel in different states. Can order a packet of career material.
- American Society for Microbiology (select Education Resources)
On careers link is information for students about careers in Microbiology
- Explore Health Careers
Information about health careers including requirements for jobs as well as how to get started and methods to finance education your education.
- State Hygienic Laboratory at the University of Iowa - Did You See That? Pathways to a Career in The Public Health Laboratory
They have a game called “Did You See That? Pathways to a career in the Public Health Laboratory” You can play the game and it gives you video containing information about jobs.
- Science Worx
A mentoring and online science resource network, sponsored by Astellas Pharma US. It contains lesson plans and actual videos of Astellas scientist doing lab pertaining to the natural sciences.
- CDC Science Ambassador Program
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites middle and high school STEM* educators to attend a 5-day professional development workshop held each year in Atlanta, Georgia.During the workshop, CDC scientists present information on health topics and collaborate with participants to develop challenging and innovative public health-based lesson plans that meet National Science Education Standards.
- University of Minnesota Center for Allied Health Programs
Several online modules dedicated to information on different types of laboratory areas, such as chemistry and hematology.
- DigitalScope® - Simulating the microscope experience
DigitalScope is an online technology that delivers unparalleled viewing of whole slide images. Examples from the field of Microbiology, Hematology and Cytology.
- Khan Academy
With a library of over 4,100 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice, we're on a mission to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace.
- Georgia Tech CEISMC - Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing
The Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing(CEISMC) (pronounced like "seismic") is a partnership uniting the Georgia Institute of Technology with educational groups, schools, corporations, and opinion leaders throughout the state of Georgia. Information on this website include a link to math resource for parent teachers and students.
- University of Delaware Virtual Compound Microscope
A virtual microscope where you can actually manipulate a microscope and view a specimen on a slide.
- Why You Should Consider a Career in Public Health Laboratory Science
Article on why a career in laboratory public health science is so important and rewarding.
- TAG-Ed (Georgia only)
Helping science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education initiatives thrive.TAG-Ed is dedicated to strengthening Georgia's future workforce by uniting Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) resources with leading education initiatives while emphasizing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- Rader's CHEM4KIDS
Is a basic chemistry website for kids and adults. They have information on matter, atoms, elements and everything else related to chemistry.
- GeneEd - Genetics, Education, Discovery
A website geared toward the study of genetics from basic biology to present day genetic research. There are lab experiments for teachers as well as information about careers in genetics.
- RISE research-based program at Emory University (Atlanta based)
RISE is a research-based educational program to inspire high school students interested in biology to pursue research careers in the biomedical sciences.
- National Institutes of Health - Free Resources for High School Students
Find resources for high school students developed by the National Institutes of Health. Resources are listed by school grades.
- MIT OpenCourseWare - Free Online Course Materials
Free Online Course Materials – Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers over 2000 online courses free of charge.
- Open Yale Courses
Yale offers over 50 courses free of charge with full set of downloadable video class lectures and accompanying course materials (syllabi, suggested readings, exams, and problem sets).
- Open Culture - Free Online Courses
Open Culture offers 700 free downloadable courses in liberal arts and sciences.
- Academic Earth - Science Courses
This site offers free online science courses and lectures from the world’s top universities.
- Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) Laboratory Fellowship Program
This site provides information on the EID program, a program that trains and prepares scientists for careers in public health laboratories.
- What is a public health laboratory?
This site provides an introductory video on a public health laboratory.
- Understanding Evolution
This site is a one-stop source(course, teaching materials, and resource library) for information on evolution.
- Learn Genetics
This site, sponsored by the University of Utah, provides online science learning in the subject of genetics.
- DNA Learning Center
This site, sponsored by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, provides online education on DNA.
- University of Arizona - The Biology Project
This site is an online interactive resource for learning biology.
- Science/AAAS Science Podcast
This site provides podcast of the journal Science.
- ASCP Career Ambassador Program
This site provides information on the ASCP Career Ambassador Program whose goal is to expose pre-college students to the critical role that laboratory professionals play as members of the healthcare team and in delivering patient care.
- FDA / Science and Our Food Supply
This site provides free supplementary curriculum for middle and high school classrooms on the subject of science and how science relates to our food supply.
- Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers (ITEST)
This site, sponsored by the National Science Foundation is an online learning resource center that provides information on ITEST projects in 38 states, as well as related publications and resources.
- Arizona State University - Ask a Biologist
This site is an online educational resource for students preK-12, teachers, and parents on the subject of life sciences
- Did You See That? | State Hygienic Laboratory at The University of Iowa
This site combines video clips of scientists with colorful graphics and intriguing questions and blends them together into an exciting online board game.
- Diagnostics Detective Toolkit
This site contains laboratory tour/career presentations that provide a closer look at the daily activities performed in each medical laboratory profession.
- The Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH)
This site provides general information on different public health schools accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
- What is Public Health?
This site provides an overview of the different types of careers available in public health.
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce
This site provides links to public health job opportunities and career-planning resources.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
This site provides general information on ASCP including resources for students, laboratory professionals, and pathologists.
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
This site provides general information on ASM including careers opportunities, journal articles, and reports on public policy.
This webpage provides an overview on a career as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- The American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS) Career Center
This webpage provides an overview on the medical laboratory science profession.