Oral Health Strategic Plan for 2011–2014
II. Vision, Mission, Role, and Core Functions
Vision: A nation where all people enjoy good oral health
that contributes to leading healthy, satisfying lives.
Mission: To prevent and control oral diseases and
conditions by building the knowledge, tools, and networks that promote
healthy behaviors and effective public health practices and programs.
Role: To provide national leadership to prevent and
control oral diseases and conditions, and promote oral health.
- Monitor/Surveillance: Monitor the burden of
disease, risk factors, preventive services, and other associated factors.
- Research: Support public health research that
directly applies to policies and programs.
- Communications: Communicate timely and relevant
information to impact policy, practices, and programs.
- Preventive strategies: Support the implementation
and maintenance of effective strategies and interventions to reduce the
burden of oral diseases and conditions.
- State infrastructure: Build capacity and
infrastructure for sustainable, effective, and efficient oral health
- Evaluation: Evaluate programs to ensure
- Investigate and diagnose: Investigate health
hazards and outbreaks in the community.
- Partnerships: Identify and facilitate
partnerships to support CDC strategic priorities and community efforts.
- Policy development: Develop and advocate sound
public health policies.
View III. Public Health Priorities
Back to Table of Contents
Date last reviewed:
April 4, 2011
Date late modified: April 4, 2011
Division of Oral Health,
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and