As part of the CDC-USDA-4-H Youth Education Program, a series of graphic novellas (comic books) are being developed to teach students about zoonotic diseases and epidemiology. The novellas will include a group of youth leaders, public health professionals, and animal health professionals that work together to solve outbreaks of zoonotic diseases.
The objectives of the graphic novellas are to teach students:
- How zoonotic diseases are spread
- Ways people and communities can prevent zoonotic diseases
- The roles of local, state and federal public health and animal health entities in investigating outbreaks and preventing the spread of diseases
One novella will focus on swine-origin influenza, and the other will focus on human Salmonella infections from live poultry, such as chicks and ducklings.
- Page last reviewed: October 18, 2013
- Page last updated: October 18, 2013
- Content source: