Office of Technology and Innovation (OTI)
The Office of Technology and Innovation (OTI) was established within OADS to encourage, foster, and develop innovative science, technologies, processes and policies that support the CDC/ATSDR. OTI provides strategic leadership, coordination, and support for technology transfer and innovation in CDC science that will enhance the agency's ability to protect and promote the health of the public. OTI supports scientific outreach, training, and collaboration in research and development activities that advance CDC’s mission and that engage other agencies, global partners, academia, innovators, and consumers.
There are several functional areas of OTI:
- The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is responsible for supporting and facilitating technology development and transfer activities for CDC/ATSDR. TTO staff work closely with a variety of partners including NIH's Office of Technology Transfer (OTT), CDC investigators, and outside collaborators to facilitate commercialization efforts to benefit public health.
- The Innovation Team is responsible for promoting and facilitating solutions and new approaches to public health challenges. The Innovation Team coordinates and supports high-quality, collaborative scientific activities to address important public health issues through a variety of programs and activities.
To contact the Office of Technology and Innovation call (404) 639-1330 or send an email to OTI@cdc.gov.
- Page last reviewed: November 3, 2013
- Page last updated: September 26, 2013
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Science