Office of Science Quality (OSQ)
The Office of Scientific Quality (OSQ) was established within OADS to increase the impact of CDC research and science by promoting standards and recommended practices for scientific quality, relevance, credibility, transparency, and utility within the agency and throughout the public health community.
There are several functional areas of OSQ:
- The Science Leadership and Support Activity is responsible for increasing the impact of CDC science by promoting high standards of scientific quality, relevance, credibility, and utility within the agency through the support of CDC scientists and programs.
- The Extramural Research Activity is responsible for increasing the impact of CDC science through the promotion of high quality extramural research that is most likely to result in decreases in public health burden and improvements in population health.
- The e-Clearance and Public Access Activity is responsible for ensuring that the best possible science is available to public health departments, partners, and the public through support of the CDC scientific clearance process and support and promotion of public access to CDC science.
- The Guidelines and Recommendations Activity is responsible for improving the impact, transparency, quality, and credibility of CDC guidelines and recommendations through the development of recommended practices, standards, and training.
To contact the Office of Scientific Quality call (404) 639-4621 or send an email to OSQ@cdc.gov.
- Page last reviewed: November 3, 2013
- Page last updated: November 13, 2013
- Content source: Office of the Associate Director for Science