BPD: CDC/ATSDR HHG Shipper
CDC/ATSDR has contracted with the Bureau of Public Debt (BPD), Administrative Resource Center (ARC) to provide shipment of household goods services for domestic and international relocations of Commissioned Corps and civilian personnel. BPD has a knowledgeable, customer focused workforce to provide these services according to established Commissioned Corps policy and regulations.
Officers are encouraged to review the CDC-ARC; Relocation Services web site for pertinent information. (Please contact CCPB for log in information)
As always, the Office of Commissioned Corps Personnel (CCPB) is available to answer any questions you may have. Please contact your assigned Staff Specialist (according to the first letter of your last name).
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
TO -DO- LIST
The following are action steps that must be completed before you move:
A. Form PHS-1662, “Request for Personnel Action-Commissioned Officer”
- Initiated by the Gaining Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
Operating Division (OPDIV) / Staff Division (STAFFDIV) or non-HHS organization requesting the officer, and forwarded by the Gaining OPDIV/STAFFDIV/non-HHS organization Liaison to the Division of Commissioned Corps Assignments (DCCA), Office of Commissioned Corps Operations (OCCO).
B. PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel Orders
- Shall be completed by the DCCA, OCCO, to assign the officer to a new duty station.
- Do Not Pack, Move or incur/obligate costs for Household Goods (HHG) until you receive orders
C. Form PHS- 4013-1, “Application for Shipment of Household Goods- (Commissioned Officers)”
- If a geographic move requiring a Government Bill of Lading (GBL) is involved, submit a “Request for Employee Relocation – Commissioned Corps” to the Bureau of Public Debt.
- The officer who will be relocating must also submit form PHS-4013-1 to the Bureau of Public Debt.
D. Government Bill of Lading (GBL) Standard Form 1203
- Shall be completed by BPD to move the officer's HHG items from his/her current residence to the new residence. BPD will prepare and process a GBL upon receipt of form PHS-4013-1 and a copy of personnel orders.
- BPD will issue the GBL to the Carrier/Moving Company.
- BPD, in conjunction with the officer, will make the moving arrangements for shipment of HHG based on information provided by the officer on form PHS-4013-1.
E. Relocation Assistance – please contact
- Your staff Specialist at CDC’s Office of Commissioned Corps Personnel (CCPB - Proposed)
- CDC’s Commissioned Corps Shipping Officer: Bureau of Public Debt (BPD)
Relocation Service branch
Bureau of Public Debt
200 Third Street
Parkersburg, WV 26106
Fax: (304) 480-8480
- BPD provides information that is necessary to conduct the move.
- Once you receive your orders, contact the Shipping Officer at BPD for paper work/forms to begin the HHG moving process.
- USPHS Commissioned Corps Travel Coordinator
- Provides interpretation of the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR).
- Provides Guidance / Entitlements Summary for PCS Moves
Phone: (240) 453-6051 or Division of Commissioned Corps
Officer Support Main Phone (240) 453-6130.