HBO Documentary Series, The Weight of the Nation for Kids Airs May, 2013
The Weight of the Nation for Kids documentary looks at the issue of childhood obesity. This three-part series of 30-minute films sheds light on solutions to the obesity problem at home and in school. With about 32% of children and teens ages 2 to 19 either overweight or obese1, the issue has never been more urgent.
The Weight of the Nation for Kids is a fun, family-friendly companion to the 2012 four-part documentary, The Weight of the Nation™, which highlighted the causes of obesity, as well as practical solutions to improve the diets and physical activity of Americans. The Weight of the Nation for Kids focuses on what some kids are doing at home and in their schools and communities to make healthy changes in their diets, school menus, and every day activities.
The Weight of the Nation for Kids Debut
- Tuesday, May 7th at 5:30-6:30 p.m. ET/PT, with back-to-back episodes of “Kebreeya’s Salad Days” and “Quiz Ed!”
- Tuesday, May 7th at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT, an encore play of The Weight of the Nation™ 2012’s Emmy®-nominated “The Great Cafeteria Takeover”
Other The Weight of the Nation for Kids Showtimes
- “Kebreeya’s Salad Days”: May 11 (9:30 a.m.), 14 (7:30 a.m.), 24 (11:00 a.m.) and 26 (8:00 a.m.)
- HBO Family playdates for “Kebreeya’s Salad Days”: May 9 (9:00 p.m., 4:00 a.m.), 17 (1:30 p.m.), 21 (6:00 p.m.), 27 (6:00 p.m.) and 29 (4:50 p.m., 5:30 a.m.)
- “Quiz Ed!”: May 11 (9:00 a.m.), 15 (7:30 a.m.), 24 (11:30 a.m.) and 27 (8:00 a.m.)
- HBO Family playdates for “Quiz Ed!”: May 9 (12:35 p.m., 9:30 p.m.), 17 (2:00 p.m., 5:30 a.m.), 21 (6:30 p.m., 3:30 a.m.) and 27 (6:30 p.m.)
Check your local cable listings or HBO.com for other showtimes.
HBO Documentary Series, The Weight of the Nation, May 2012
The Weight of the Nation is an HBO Documentary Films and Institute of Medicine (IOM) four-part series confronting America’s obesity epidemic. The series, which originally aired in May of 2012, comprises four documentary films, a three-part series for families, 12 bonus shorts, a social media campaign, and a nationwide community-based outreach campaign to support the initiative.
The goal of The Weight of the Nation is to raise public awareness of the complexity of the obesity epidemic. The films were developed in association with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) , and with the support of the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation and Kaiser Permanente .
Spread the Word and Get Involved
Connect with others interested in combating the obesity epidemic.
1Ogden CL, Carroll MD, Kit BK, Flegal KM. Prevalence of obesity and trends in body mass index among US children and adolescents, 1999-2010. JAMA. 2012;307(5):483-490.