Oregon's Response to Obesity
State Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity Profile
Adult Overweight and Obesity
Among Oregon's adults age 18 and over 1
- 60.3% were overweight, with a Body Mass Index of 25 or greater
- 26.8% were obese, with a Body Mass Index of 30 or greater
Adolescent Overweight and Obesity
2009 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS) adolescent obesity data is not available, as Oregon’s overall response rate was below 60%, the minimum necessary for statewide reporting.
Child Overweight and Obesity
Among Oregon's children aged 2 years to less than 5 years 2
- 17.7% were overweight (85th to < 95th percentile BMI-for-Age)
- 15.1% were obese (≥ 95th percentile BMI-for-Age)
For more detailed data on rates of fruit and vegetable consumption, physical activity and breastfeeding, please see Oregon’s State Profile [PDF – 628KB].
- CDC Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System: Prevalence and Trend Data – Overweight and Obesity, U.S. Obesity Trends, Trends by State 2010. Available online at http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/
- CDC, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity. 2010 Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance System. Available online at http://www.cdc.gov/pednss/pednss_tables/