Preparing for the Assessment
This section includes several sample tools and resources for groups that are preparing for the NPHPSP assessment (i.e. sample invitation letters, pre-assessment press releases, and preparations checklists). Many of these resources are available for download and customization.
- NPHPSP Particiant Selection Table [PDF
- 29 KB]
- a resource that can be used to identify different types of organizations that contribute to the various Essential Services.
- Identifying Assessment Participants [PDF
- 24 KB]
- a useful list to aid in identifying potential assessment participants that includes representation from throughout the public health system.
- Recruitment Letters / Letters of Invitation [PDF - 80KB]
- 39 KB]
- sample letters of invitation that can be customized and used to recruit assessment participants.
- Follow-up Letters [PDF - 73KB]
- 32 KB]
sample letters that can be customized and used to thank confirmed assessment participants and provide follow-up logistical information.
- Assessment Announcement / Brochure [PDF
- 937 KB]
- a vivid example of an assessment announcement used in a large metropolitan area in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Pre-Assessment Press Releases - examples of press releases used to announce the launch of the assessment process in the states of Arkansas [PDF
- 63 KB]
and Delaware [PDF
- 17 KB]
- Orientation Meeting Agenda.pdf [PDF
- 39 KB]
- a sample half-day pre-assessment meeting agenda orienting users to the performance standards and the assessment process.
- Preparations Checklist [PDF - 84KB] Word [DOC - 35 KB] - a step-by-step one-page guide for users preparing to complete the performance standards assessment.