Preparing for the Assessment
This section includes several sample tools and resources for groups that are preparing for the NPHPSP assessment (i.e. sample invitation letters, pre-assessment press releases, and preparations checklists). Many of these resources are available for download and customization.
- NPHPSP Participant Selection Table [PDF - 29 KB] - a resource that can be used to identify different types of organizations that contribute to the various Essential Services.
- Identifying Assessment Participants [PDF - 24 KB] - a useful list to aid in identifying potential assessment participants that includes representation from throughout the public health system.
- Recruitment Letters / Letters of Invitation [PDF - 80KB] Word [DOC - 39 KB] - sample letters of invitation that can be customized and used to recruit assessment participants.
- Follow-up Letters [PDF - 73KB] Word [DOC - 32 KB] - sample letters that can be customized and used to thank confirmed assessment participants and provide follow-up logistical information.
- Assessment Announcement / Brochure [PDF - 937 KB] - a vivid example of an assessment announcement used in a large metropolitan area in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Pre-Assessment Press Releases - examples of press releases used to announce the launch of the assessment process in the states of Arkansas [PDF - 63 KB] and Delaware [PDF - 17 KB].
- Orientation Meeting Agenda.pdf [PDF - 39 KB] - a sample half-day pre-assessment meeting agenda orienting users to the performance standards and the assessment process.
- Preparations Checklist [PDF - 84KB] Word [DOC - 35 KB] - a step-by-step one-page guide for users preparing to complete the performance standards assessment.
- Page last reviewed: July 3, 2013
- Page last updated: April 12, 2016
- Content source: