Bimonthly User Call Series
NPHPSP sponsors a bimonthly conference call series for users of the NPHPSP and interested parties.
Hosted by National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI), the calls provide an opportunity to share experiences and lessons learned with fellow NPHPSP users. Users can also learn about national level topics relating to performance assessment and improvement.
Participants on past calls have discussed topics such as
- Unique implementation strategies
- Exploration of a national voluntary accreditation system for local and state public health departments
- Plans for quality improvement after completion of the assessment
For more information, please contact Liljana Johnson at Ljohnson@nnphi.org or 504-301-9845.
Annual Spring Training
CDC and its partners host a once-yearly national training for current and prospective NPHPSP users. The 11th annual training, Public Health Improvement Training: Advancing Performance in Agencies, Systems, and Communities, is scheduled for April 23-24, 2013, in Atlanta, Georgia.
The 2013 training will cover the following performance improvement topics and address how each topic supports an overall public health improvement strategy:
- Accreditation by the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB)
- Quality improvement
- State and community health assessment and improvement planning
- Performance management
For more information, please visit the NNPHI registration site.