CDC References & Resources
- National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS)
- Unexplained Respiratory Disease Outbreaks (URDO)
- CDC. Notes from the field: Severe hand, foot, and mouth disease associated with coxsackievirus a6—Alabama, Connecticut, California, and Nevada, November 2011-February 2012. MMWR. 2012;61:213-4.
- CDC. Clusters of acute respiratory illness associated with human enterovirus 68–Asia, Europe, and United States, 2008-2010. MMWR 2011;60(38);1301-1304.
- CDC. Non-polio enteroviruses and human parechovirus—United States, 2006–2008. MMWR. 2010;59(48);1577-1580.
- CDC. Increased detections and severe neonatal disease associated with coxsackievirus B1 infection—United States, 2007. MMWR. 2008;57:553-6.
- CDC. Enterovirus surveillance—United States, 2002–2004. MMWR. 2006;55(06);153-156.
- CDC. Enterovirus surveillance—United States, 1970–2005. MMWR. 2006;55(No. SS-08).
- CDC. Aseptic meningitis outbreak associated with echovirus 9 among recreational vehicle campers—Connecticut, 2003. MMWR. 2004;53(31):710-3.
- CDC. Enterovirus surveillance—United States, 2000–2001. MMWR. 2002;22;51(46):1047-9.
- CDC. Echovirus type 13—United States, 2001. MMWR. 2001;50(36):777-80.
- CDC. Enterovirus surveillance—United States, 1997–1999. MMWR. 2000;49(40):913-6.
- Oberste MS, Maher K, Flemister MR, Marchetti G, Kilpatrick DR, Pallansch MA. Comparison of classic and molecular approaches for the identification of untypeable enteroviruses. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38(3):1170-4.
- Oberste MS, Maher K, Kilpatrick DR, Pallansch MA. Molecular evolution of the human enteroviruses: correlation of serotype with VP1 sequence and application to picornavirus classification. J Virol . 1999;73(3):1941-8.
- Oberste MS, Nix WA, Maher K, Pallansch MA. Improved molecular identification of enteroviruses by RT—PCR and amplicon sequencing. J Clin Virol. 2003;26(3):375-7.
- Wikswo M, Khetsuriani N, Fowlkes A, et al. Increased activity of coxsackievirus B1 strains associated with severe disease among young infants in the United States, 2007-2008. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;49(5):e44-51.
- Nix WA, Maher K, Johansson ES, Niklasson B, Lindberg AM, Pallansch MA, Oberste MS. Detection of all known parechoviruses by real time—PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46(8):2519-2524.
- Nix WA, Maher K, Pallansch MA, Oberste, MS. Parechovirus typing in clinical specimens by nested or semi-nested VP1 PCR coupled with sequencing. J Clin Virol. 2010;48:202-207.
- Nix WA, Oberste MS, Pallansch MA. Sensitive, seminested PCR amplification of VP1 sequences for direct identification of all enterovirus serotypes from original clinical specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44(8):2698-2704.
- Oberste MS, Penaranda S, Rogers SL, Henderson E, Nix WA. Comparative evaluation of Taqman real-time PCR and semi-nested VP1 PCR for detection of enteroviruses in clinical specimens. J Clin Virol. 2010;49:73-74.
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.