VACANCY IS ANNOUNCED FOR DIRECTOR OF NIOSH'S PERSONAL PROTECTIVE TECHNOLOGY LAB
Contact: Fred Blosser (202) 401-3749
April 26, 2002
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced a senior-level vacancy for the position of Director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health's (NIOSH) National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory.
Applications must be submitted by June 12, 2002. Interested persons may apply under either of two classifications for the position: Supervisory General Engineer or Supervisory Physical Scientist. Further information on the professional and educational qualifications that applicants must have, and procedures for submitting applications, can be found on the Web:
- For current or former federal employees applying as a Supervisory Physical Scientist:
- For current or former federal employees applying as a Supervisory General Engineer:
- For individuals who are applying as a Supervisory Physical Scientist and have not previously worked for the federal government:
- For individuals who are applying as a Supervisory General Engineer and have not previously worked for the federal government:
Further information can be obtained from Barbara Herforth, Human Resources Management Office, tel. (412) 386-6768.
The NIOSH laboratory provides leadership for the prevention and reduction of occupational injury, illness, and death for workers who rely on personal protective technologies. The laboratory pursues this mission by advancing federal research on respirators and other personal protective technologies used in the workplace, including certification of respirators for occupational use.
Duties of the director include:
- Providing expert advice and leadership to a staff of approximately 100 to 200 professionals and support personnel.
- Formulating, developing, and directing broad programs of technology research and evaluation, standards development, and special laboratory or field investigations, which will lead to advances in personal protective technologies.
- Representing the National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory and NIOSH in scientific and technical committees, working groups, and meetings.
Further information about the National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory can be found on the NIOSH web page at www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/default.html, or call NIOSH toll-free 1-800-35-NIOSH (1-800-356-4674).
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO