SEASONAL INFLUENZA (FLU) IN THE WORKPLACE
Guidance for Preventing Seasonal Influenza in the Workplace
This page includes links to websites which provide sound advice about protecting workers from seasonal influenza in the workplace. While each workplace is unique, and a worker’s risk for occupational exposure to influenza can vary widely depending on the nature of their job, workplaces should:
- Promote influenza vaccination among workers.
- Encourage proper hand and respiratory hygiene practices.
- Educate workers on influenza signs and symptoms.
CDC/NIOSH Workplace Guidance
Note: Links to Web sites external to NIOSH do not constitute NIOSH endorsement of the sponsoring organizations or their programs or products. Furthermore, NIOSH is not responsible for the content of these Web sites.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO