OCCUPATIONAL HEARING LOSS (OHL) SURVEILLANCE
- New! NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Program Noise Measurement Database
Includes noise measurement results collected during NIOSH health hazard evaluation (HHE) surveys from 1996 through 2012.
- NIOSH Practical Guide for Preventing Occupational Hearing Loss
- Nordic Expert Group Occupational Exposure to Chemicals and Hearing Impairment criteria document
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine Guidance Statement on Occupational Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- American Industrial Hygiene Association Noise Manual, 5th Edition
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation, Hearing Conservation Manual, 4th Edition
- NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic: Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention
Includes information related to noise and OHL prevention for all industry sectors.
- OSHA Safety and Health Topic: Occupational Noise Exposure
Includes information on occupational noise, OHL prevention, current regulations and components of a hearing conservation program.
- New! NIOSH Workplace and Safety Topic: Reproductive Health and the Workplace: Noise
Includes information on how workplace noise can affect pregnancy and developing babies.
- NIOSH Office of Mine Safety and Health Research Topic: Hearing Loss Prevention Overview
Includes information related to OHL prevention in the Mining industry sector.
- National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA)
A private organization of audiologists, industrial hygienists, engineers, and others with a mission to prevent hearing loss due to environmental factors such as noise.
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC)
A council comprised of representatives from health organizations with an objective to prevent OHL by providing education and guidance on the successful implementation of an occupational hearing conservation program.
- NIOSH Hearing Protector Device Compendium
A database containing information on commercial hearing protector device features to aid in selection of protectors for specific situations.
- NIOSH Hearing Loss Prevention Cross-Sector Research Program Description
Includes the cross-sector program description, strategic goals and outputs.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
The standard system used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments related to the U.S. business economy.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO