DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2014-109
NIOSH Youth@Work-Talking Safety Curriculum for Florida
The new Youth@Work–Talking Safety is a fun, free and engaging curriculum that helps teachers and school/community-based job placement staff educate young people about the basics of job safety and health. The curriculum presents essential information and career-readiness skills through a focus on eight core competencies. The transferable skills gained through the Talking Safety curriculum will help students stay safe and healthy now and throughout their lives.
All eleven lessons are designed for a 45–minute class period. The curriculum is flexible and can easily be tailored to the needs of your students.
The following links contain the Talking Safety curriculum for Florida, the accompanying PowerPoint presentation, and a companion video:
- Talking Safety FL curriculum [pdf, 17799kb]
- Teacher PowerPoint Presentation [ppt, 10369kb]
- Talking Safety companion video: Teen Workers: Real Jobs, Real Risks (2009)
View Youth@Work – Talking Safety curricula for other states
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO