Most organizations have internal staff newsletters that provide another information channel to reach your audience. The sample documents below are intended to guide the development of weekly newsletter articles, which should coordinate with your weekly blitz messages.
How to use newsletter templates
The following sample newsletter articles correspond with weekly blitz themes featured on the sample safety blitz outline [DOC - 49 KB]. The format presented can be used to organize other topics that you may want to develop for your facility's specific needs. Additionally, you may want to check with sources such as the following for updated statistics and recommendations to include in your newsletter articles: Massachusetts Office for Health and Human Services, Exposure Prevention Information Network (EPINet), and the American College of Surgeons.
Safety blitz outline in PDF format [PDF - 83 KB]
Each template is provided as a Microsoft Word document and Adobe PDF.
- Sharps Injuries Persist in OR - Week 1 [DOC - 27 KB]
Week 1 newsletter in PDF format [PDF - 17 KB]
- Passing & Loading Sharps Devices - Week 2 [DOC - 33 KB]
Week 2 newsletter in PDF format [PDF - 22 KB]
- Neutral Zone: Transferring Sharps Safely - Week 3 [DOC - 27 KB]
Week 3 newsletter in PDF format [PDF - 21 KB]
- Cost Not Necessarily a Drawback of Safer Needle Devices - Week 4 [DOC - 33 KB]
Week 4 newsletter in PDF format [PDF - 25 KB]
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO