SMALL BUSINESS ASSISTANCE AND OUTREACH
The mission of the Small Business Assistance and Outreach Program is to minimize and eliminate occupational illnesses, injuries, and hazardous exposures in small enterprises through a focused program of research, prevention efforts, and public health activities. The program strives to fulfill its mission through:
- High Quality Research: The Program will conduct high quality research that will contribute to reductions in occupational illnesses, injuries, and hazardous exposures in small businesses.
- Practical Solutions: The Program will work with partners to engage in prevention activities that contribute to reductions in occupational illnesses, injuries, and hazardous exposures in small businesses.
- Partnerships: The Program will engage in partnerships with employers, trade associations, workers' compensation providers, state and local governments, and other stakeholders to achieve health and safety outcomes. We recognize that these collaborative efforts are the best means of reducing occupational injuries and illnesses. We encourage small business owners to contact the Program to explore opportunities for collaboration.
- Research to Practice (r2p): Through this program, NIOSH is emphasizing outreach efforts that meet the occupational safety and health needs of small business owners, managers, and workers. We will formulate strategies to promote the transfer of research findings into prevention efforts in the workplace. We believe that research only realizes its true value when put into practice.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO