Input: NIOSH Strategic Goals
The Global Collaborations Program embraces the third strategic goal of the NIOSH Strategic Plan 2010 – 2015:
Enhance global occupational safety and health through international collaborations
- Take a leadership role in developing a global network of occupational health centers.
- Investigate alternative approaches to reducing occupational illness and injury and provide technical assistance to put solutions in place.
- Build global professional capacity to address occupational hazards through training, information sharing and research experience.
NIOSH Global Collaborations Program Goals
The strategic goals of the NIOSH Global Collaborations Program guide research and partnership efforts with the NORA Sectors, Cross Sectors, and international partners over the next decade. These goals incorporate the needs of the NORA program and the needs of NIOSH as a key leader in global occupational safety and health.
The first Strategic Goal of the NIOSH Global Collaborations Program is, in fact, the third strategic goal of the NIOSH Strategic Plan 2010–2015: Goal 3: Enhance global occupational safety and health through international collaborations.
Six Strategic Goals have been developed by the Global Collaborations Program in partnership with NIOSH experts and with other NORA Sector and Cross-Sector Programs:
- Strategic Goal 1: International collaborations to enhance capacity building; and to share, transfer and adopt occupational safety and health surveillance and research methods, research findings, standards, preventive strategies and technology .
- Strategic Goal 2: Partnership of the ILO/WHO Global Program to Eliminate Silicosis partnership with the NIOSH/NORA Construction Sector Programs and Respiratory Disease Cross-Sector Program.
- Strategic Goal 3: Global aspects of work-related road safety, with the NIOSH/NORA Traumatic Injury Cross-Sector Program and the NIOSH Center for Motor Vehicle Safety.
- Strategic Goal 4: WHO Needlestick Prevention for Healthcare Workers Program partnership with the NIOSH/NORA Healthcare and Social Assistance Sector Program.
- Strategic Goal 5: Partnering global nanotechnology efforts with the NIOSH/NORA Nanotechnology Program.
- Strategic Goal 6: Global mining health and safety partnership with the NIOSH/NORA Mining Sector Program
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO