NORA Symposium 2006
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
April 18-20, 2006
L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, Washington, DC
NIOSH, in partnership with the National Safety Council, celebrated the success of the first decade of the National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) and launched its second decade at the NORA Symposium 2006. The second decade of NORA will use a sector-based approach to better guide research results to improved practice in workplaces. These themes were explored through plenary speakers, awards, presentations of scientific results and workshops.
Additional information is available:
- Symposium Program Book (includes abstracts) [PDF - 2.1 MB]
- Award winning projects
- Stacy Smallwood poetry performance video and transcript
- Sector workshop summaries
- Panel discussion of cross-sector issues and grants
- Documents celebrating the first decade of NORA
- Contact the Symposium Coordinator
Note on Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals points:
Certified Industrial Hygienists may be awarded 0.5 Certification Maintenance (CM) points per half-day of attendance (approval #06-938). For more information go to the Certification Maintenance FAQ on the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) web site.
Certified Safety Professionals may be awarded 0.3125 Continuation of Certification (COC) points per half-day of attendance based on the ABIH pre-approval. For more information go to the COC Guide on the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) web site.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO