NORA Decade Review
The National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) is a partnership program to stimulate innovative research and improved workplace practices. It began in 1996. In 2005, the accomplishments of NORA’s first decade (1996 – 2005) were collected and reviewed.
An evaluation of the second decade (2006 – 2015) is being conducted. This review will focus on the accomplishments of the decade and progress toward meeting goals and objectives. Data sources include existing NIOSH project data, questionnaires and public comments.
The results will be reported in 2015 and will help inform planning for the third decade of NORA, which starts in 2016.
- Assess the investment, approach and impact of the second decade of NORA
- Collect input from different stakeholder groups as to the strengths and weaknesses of the second decade of NORA, including general strategic approach and tactical execution of the approach
The evaluation is designed to answer three main questions:
- What did we do in the second decade of NORA?
- How well did we do it?
- What was the impact?
- Funding agencies
- Stakeholder groups
- NIOSH researchers
- Policy making groups
- Other occupational safety and health organizations and agencies
- Thought leaders
NIOSH Project Data
NIOSH data on intramural and extramural research activities, outputs and impacts during the second decade of NORA will be analyzed.
NIOSH program leaders and NORA sector council members will be asked to respond to questionnaires about council and program activities, effectiveness and impacts.
A NIOSH docket will open in early 2015 to accept comments and insights about NORA from the general public and from NORA partners during the second decade.
The following products from the evaluation are expected to be available in 2016:
- Final printed reports
- Electronic information for easy download and quick messaging
- Bibliometrics of the second decade of NORA
- Topic-specific fact sheets and impact stories
- Data collection: August 2014 – March 2015
- Data analysis and report writing: April 2014 – July 2015
- Prepare final report and other communication products: August 2015 – February 2016
- Third decade of NORA is launched on Worker’s Memorial day – April 28, 2016
Questions or Comments?
Send to NORAreview@cdc.gov.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO