NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Preventing occupational injury through science and education, through a focus on:
- Scientific findings and methods.
- Traumatic occupational injury as a significant public health problem.
- Translating research results into prevention.
- Excellence, relevance, and communication of traumatic occupational injury research.
- Provide a forum for the presentation of scientific research findings and methods in the field of traumatic occupational injury.
- Foster collaboration between researchers in the various disciplines -- and between the public and private organizations -- that conduct or sponsor traumatic occupational injury research.
- Identify effective interventions and increase injury prevention efforts based on research findings.
- Stimulate an increase in the quantity and quality of traumatic injury occupational research.
- In addition to traditional disciplines and topic areas, explore underutilized disciplines and topic areas of traumatic occupational injury research, such as the economics of occupational injury and findings from other social and behavioral science fields.
- Serve as part of the implementation of the National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) developed by NIOSH and its partners.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation
- Contact CDC-INFO