Skip directly to search Skip directly to A to Z list Skip directly to page options Skip directly to site content

NIOSHTIC-2 Publications Search

Search Results

Identification and safe handling of hazardous drugs.

Authors
Connor-TH
Source
Pharm Purch Prod 2010 Mar; 7(3):10-13
NIOSHTIC No.
20036675
Abstract
Over the past 30 years, we have been investigating the risks hazardous drugs pose to health care workers to determine how to minimize them. With current analytical techniques, we can assess the level of environmental contamination for about 10% of the hazardous drugs currently in use. Several dozen studies have shown that workplace contamination is common with these drugs. We can extrapolate that the other 90% of hazardous drugs handled in the same manner, although not yet measured, probably pose the same risk. Until safer drugs become the mainstay, health care workers need to be vigilant about their work practices for their protection and the protection of their coworkers.
Keywords
Health-care-personnel; Nurses; Medical-personnel; Drugs; Pharmaceuticals; Physicians
Publication Date
20100301
Document Type
Journal Article; Trade
Fiscal Year
2010
NTIS Accession No.
NTIS Price
Issue of Publication
3
ISSN
1549-635X
NIOSH Division
DART
Priority Area
Healthcare and Social Assistance
Source Name
Pharmacy Purchasing & Products
State
OH
TOP