Advanced Headform Total Inward Leakage Test System – FY12
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- Develop and validate a total inward leakage (TIL) test system using headforms that have human-like characteristics and movements.
- AFRL (funding)
- BARDA (Funding)
- Hanson Robotics, Inc.
- Respirator Manufacturers
- Respirator Users
- Define objectives and optimal characteristics for a novel headform TIL test system
- Design and construct the test system
- Compare fit factors between manikins and human test subjects
- Q1 Obtained static headform
- Q2 Complete medium static headform benchmark testing
- Q3 Obtain IRB approval on test protocol. Complete benchmark testing on articulated headform
- Q4 Complete Phase 1 fit testing (subjects vs. static headform)
- Manuscript published or submitted to peer-reviewed journals (0)
- Presentations to stakeholders or conferences (0)
- Standards committee meetings & public meetings (0)
- Project outputs will be used by ISO, ANSI, FDA, and NIOSH in the development of new standards
- Other researchers utilize the project outputs to initiate new research related to TIL testing