Certified Product Investigation Process (CPIP) - FY12
NOTE: This page is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
- To maintain the quality of NIOSH Certified respiratory protective devices used in the field by investigating and resolving reports of product nonconformance issues in a timely manner.
- Respond to all reports of nonconforming respirators.
- Evaluate corrective actions taken by approval holders to ensure conformance to the criteria listed in 42 CFR, Part 84.
- Respirator Users
- Enforcement Agencies
- Emergency Responders
- Respirator manufacturers worldwide
- Communicate and interact with manufacturers and distributors world-wide.
- Respond to various levels of demand.
- Establish and enforce accountability for nonconformances.
- 15 CPIP investigations opened (24 for FY11)
- 10 CPIP investigations completed (19 for FY11)
- 4 Firefighter reports generated
- 10 NIOSH Approvals rescinded
- 6 User Notices issued
- 5 NIOSH Approvals rescinded
- 2 Stop-sale requests
- Ensure that NIOSH approved respiratory devices continue to meet or exceed the criteria on which the approval was based
- Removal of CSE SR-100 from production and advances in cold start retraining